"Stuff your eyes with wonder he said, live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories." -Fahrenheit 451
Welcome to my blog of random wonders.
Tutorial: how to make a study schedule.
- Make a reference sheet with separate lists for each subject. This reference sheet is used to orient your daily studying.
- List the material you need to study for each subject. Be more specific than you would be on a study schedule and make sure you put down everything you need to go over.
- On your schedule, highlight the exam dates and deadlines and put down any relevant information.
- Using your reference sheet, assign certain material to go through each day.
- If you haven’t been working on study material throughout the semester; schedule days before your study leave to work on study sheets for revision, flash cards, summaries, whatever you use to study.
- Take a day to gather your study material before your study leave begins. Like the weekend classes end or so. This will save you a lot of time when you sit down to study every day.
- Schedule your studying so that you start studying for the last final first, and the first final last. Make sure you start this early enough to give yourself time to revise for the subjects you need to.
- If you have a day between each of your finals, take the night of the final off and revise for the next exam the day after. If not, take the couple of hours after your exam off then revise for the next one.
- Schedule the harder/heavier material in a subject first, so that you work on that material when you have more energy.
- If you’re taking subjects that you have difficulty with, or subjects with a heavy workload; schedule catch up days. However, don’t let that encourage you to slack off. Try to stick to your schedule and only rely on the catch up days if you really need to, and if you don’t; then it’s a day off!
- Also, schedule days off… a day or if you can’t afford it, half a day. I can’t stress how important it is to take time for yourself, it’ll help you avoid burnout.
Disclaimer: this is the way I’ve been making study schedules since I started college. By no means am I claiming it’s perfect or that everybody should follow it.
I’m sorry I’m posting this by the end of the year when a lot of people are already done with exams, but perhaps it’ll be helpful for people taking summer courses now? And also for next year :)
Photo reblogged from with 139 notes
Ben Lovett DJing at Sound Waves at the Beach on Saturday, July 19th, 2014. [x]
If you like this list of life hacks, follow ListOfLifeHacks for more like it!
I swear people who follow listoflifehacks will be the most prepared for a zombie apocalypse
Don’t scroll past this.
This could save you’re life one day.
<(*A*<) Come back.
It will save your life one day
Thank you listoflifehacks for making my life easier and preparing me for a Doomsday
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.
The amount of questions Bastille asks in their songs really stresses me out
are you gonna age with grace? do you like the person you’ve become? can you fill the silence? how am i gonna be an optimist? how am i gonna get myself home?
like idk dan you figure it out
do you ever have a plan for the day and suddenly it’s 4pm and you’ve achieved literally nothing
And then even though there is plenty of time to do something useful it is just not time enough to get yourself to do something useful
Photographer Franck Bohbot captures the classic movie palaces of southern California [x]
who don’t believe in anything
Remember when Disney had a cute, disabled, poc mermaid?
When i was younger, one of my best friends was a deaf guyanese girl, and her fave princess was Ariel, mainly bc she related to her living without a voice (and her love of swimming)
When this episode aired, she cried and squawked and made sounds that were almost understandable… She saw herself as a mermaid, on tv, with her favourite character of all time
Representation matters, always, no matter what
The Avett Brothers know how to jam! This is a great end to the start of the week.
Anakin and Padme were reunited today at Star Wars Weekends. ;)
HAVE TO REBLOG THIS AGAIN BECAUSE ITS SO CUTE.
Second time reblogging.
Page 1 of 249